For more detailed information, you can download the most recent version of my CV here.
Ph.D., Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. Graduate Certificate in Computational and Information Science. Princeton University, Anticipated 2021.
M.A., Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. Princeton University, 2018.
B.S., Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Distinction in the Major. Yale University, 2014.
Born and raised in (northeast) Los Angeles, CA. Graduate of LAUSD public schools: Eagle Rock Jr./Sr. High School & Eagle Rock Elementary.
Policy Research Intern, Office of Assemblyman Andrew Zwicker. New Jersey State Legislature, 2017 – 2018.
Science Policy Fellow, IDA Science and Technology Policy Institute. Washington, D.C. 2014 – 2016.
* denotes co-first authorship
- Tokita CK & Tarnita CE. (2020). Social influence and biased interactions can drive emergent beahvioural specializaiton and modular social networks across systems. Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 17: 20195064. doi:10.1098/rsif.2019.0564
- Yuko U, Saragosti J, Tokita CK, Tarnita CE, & Kronauer DJC. (2018). Fitness benefits and emergent division of labor at the onset of group-living. Nature, 560: 635-638. doi:10.1038/s41586-018-0422-6
- Henry LP*, Tokita CK* , Misra M, Forrow AB, & Rubenstein DI. (2018). Mutualistic Acacia ants exhibit reduced aggression and more frequent off-tree movement near termite mounds. Biotropica, 50: 559-562. doi:10.1111/btp.12572
- Tokita CK, Doane WEJ, & Zuckerman BL. (2016). Reframing participation in post-secondary STEM education with a representation metric. Bulletin of Science, Technology, and Society, 35(5-6), 125-133. doi:10.1177/0270467616645222
- Tokita CK, Oliver JC, Monteiro A. (2013). A survey of eyespot sexual dimorphism across nymphalid butteries. International Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 2013(2013), 1-6. doi:10.1155/2013/926702
- Clavin CT, Petropoulos ZE, Gupta N, & Tokita CK. (2017). Case studies of community resilience and disaster recovery from the 2013 Boulder County floods. National Institute Standards and Technology, United States Department of Commerce.Grant/Contract Reports (NISTGCR) – 16-011. doi:10.6028/NIST.GCR.16-011
- Tinkle SS, Mary JC, Snavely JE, Pomeroy-Carter CA, & Tokita CK. (2016). An outcome evaluation of the National Institutes of Health Director’s New Innovator Award Program for fiscal years 2007-2009. IDA Science and Technology Policy Institute*. IDA Paper P-8478. *Prepared for the National Institutes of Health
- Tinkle SS, Mary JC, Snavely JE, Pomeroy-Carter CA, & Tokita CK. (2016). An evaluation of the National Institutes of Health Director’s New Innovator Award Program Finalists for fiscal years 2007-2009. IDA Science and Technology Policy Institute*. IDA Paper P-8480. *Prepared for the National Institutes of Health