For more detailed information, you can download the most recent version of my CV here.
Ph.D., Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. Graduate Certificate in Computational and Information Science. Princeton University, Anticipated 2021.
M.A., Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. Princeton University, 2018.
B.S., Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Distinction in the Major. Yale University, 2014.
Born and raised in (northeast) Los Angeles, CA. Graduate of LAUSD public schools: Eagle Rock Jr./Sr. High School & Eagle Rock Elementary.
Policy Research Intern, Office of Assemblyman Andrew Zwicker. New Jersey State Legislature, 2017 – 2018.
Science Policy Fellow, IDA Science and Technology Policy Institute. Washington, D.C. 2014 – 2016.
* denotes co-first authorship
- Tokita CK & Tarnita CE. (Submitted). Social influence and biased interactions can drive emergent beahvioral specializaiton and modular social networks across systems.
- Yuko U, Saragosti J, Tokita CK, Tarnita CE, & Kronauer DJC. (2018). Fitness benefits and emergent division of labor at the onset of group-living. Nature. doi:10.1038/s41586-018-0422-6
- Henry LP*, Tokita CK* , Misra M, Forrow AB, & Rubenstein DI. (2018). Mutualistic Acacia ants exhibit reduced aggression and more frequent off-tree movement near termite mounds. Biotropica . doi:10.1111/btp.12572
- Tokita CK, Doane WEJ, & Zuckerman BL. (2016). Reframing participation in post-secondary STEM education with a representation metric. Bulletin of Science, Technology, and Society, 35(5-6), 125-133. doi:10.1177/0270467616645222
- Tokita CK, Oliver JC, Monteiro A. (2013). A survey of eyespot sexual dimorphism across nymphalid butteries. International Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 2013(2013), 1-6. doi:10.1155/2013/926702
- Clavin CT, Petropoulos ZE, Gupta N, Tokita CK. (2017). Case studies of community resilience and disaster recovery from the 2013 Boulder County floods. National Institute Standards and Technology, United States Department of Commerce.Grant/Contract Reports (NISTGCR) – 16-011. doi:10.6028/NIST.GCR.16-011
- Tinkle SS, Mary JC, Snavely JE, Pomeroy-Carter CA, Tokita CK. (2016). An outcome evaluation of the National Institutes of Health Director’s New Innovator Award Program for fiscal years 2007-2009. IDA Science and Technology Policy Institute*. IDA Paper P-8478. *Prepared for the National Institutes of Health
- Tinkle SS, Mary JC, Snavely JE, Pomeroy-Carter CA, Tokita CK. (2016). An evaluation of the National Institutes of Health Director’s New Innovator Award Program Finalists for fiscal years 2007-2009. IDA Science and Technology Policy Institute*. IDA Paper P-8480. *Prepared for the National Institutes of Health